Is Independent Living Right for Me? Signs It’s Time for Senior Living
There isnow an abundance of living choices for your retirement years, many of which can be very appealing; but there are also options that may not match your needs and desires. Meadow Lakes resident Enid Mantell said, “For me at this stage in my life, I feel like an active social life is the most important thing. I lived in a 55 and older community and felt like I was in a rut; I wanted more social interaction. At Meadow Lakes there is always something new to do and learn.”
Continuing care retirement communities (or CCRCs) like Meadow Lakes provide a vibrant plan for your future that meet every need you may have. But you may still be wondering: when is time for independent living?
When Is it Time for Independent Living?
If you’re debating about when the right time to move is, below are a few reasons you might want to consider making the move sooner rather than later.
- Planning for the future has become more important. As you age, your healthcare needs may change. With a CCRC like Meadow Lakes, you can take advantage of different levels of care, all within the community. Thanks to living options like independent living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation all on one campus, you’ll never have to move to receive the care you need.
- •Your home feels too big now. Many of us purchased homes to fit a growing family years ago, but the maintenance requirements may now be the last thing you want to deal with. Senior living communities offer maintenance-free living, so you no longer have to worry about housekeeping or yardwork.
- You want more convenience. With an independent living community, you get a combination of housing options, healthcare and hospitality, right in one convenient location. When you choose Meadow Lakes, you get your own private apartment or cottage so you can maintain your independence. You also have access to a range of amenities and services such as gourmet meals and wellness opportunities that make life not only enjoyable but convenient as well.
- You want more social opportunities. When you live on your own, it can be easy to lose touch with your social connections. Senior living communities are filled with different ways to meet new friends and strengthen relationships.
- You want more freedom. If you want more time for yourself, more opportunities to enjoy life and more freedom to do what you want, an independent living community may be right for you. With communities like Meadow Lakes, you can enjoy a carefree independent life while feeling comfortable that help is just a moment away should you need it.
Discover Vibrant Independent Living and More at Meadow Lakes
More and more seniors are choosing to plan ahead with communities like Meadow Lakes so they can enjoy an independent lifestyle for years to come. We even help make your move seamless through services like our Move Ahead program so you don’t have to feel overwhelmed by the transition process.
If you’re interested in learning more about our community, we invite you to come experience it for yourself! Contact our team to schedule your personal visit to our campus. Or, if you’re more comfortable in your home, we offer virtual tours so you can still experience the community