Keep Your Body Moving – It’s Good for Your Health
We often hear that living an active lifestyle is good for us – but what exactly does that mean? Active living means incorporating physical activity into your daily life. This could include walking instead of driving to run errands or taking the stairs rather than the elevator when the option is available.
By staying physically active, you’re doing a favor to both your mental and physical health. Keep reading to learn more about these benefits.
A Few Benefits of Living an Active and Healthy Life
- Healthy Weight Management: Perhaps the most well-known benefit from physical activity and exercise is allowing you to maintain a healthy weight.
- Reduces Risk of a Heart Attack: Physical exercise lowers your blood pressure and cholesterol, both of which reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Boosts Your Immune System: An active lifestyle is linked with a boost in your immune system, which allows you to better recover from sickness or injury.
- Lower Risk of Osteoporosis: By regularly moving your body, you’ll build stronger bones, muscles and joints, lowering your risk of osteoporosis.
- Better Sleep: In addition to reduced stress and feeling more alert, maintaining an active lifestyle allows you to fall asleep easier at night and helps you stay asleep.
- Longer Lifespan: Studies have found that maintaining regular activity even helps you live longer by decreasing all-cause mortality risks.
- Feel Better: An active lifestyle leads to more energy, which ultimately puts you in a better mood and increases levels of happiness.
Learn More About the Active Senior Lifestyle Offered at Meadow Lakes
At Meadow Lakes, there are numerous opportunities for you to incorporate activity into your daily life. Resident Brigitte Wachs found that, “During the day, residents have so many activities it’s sometimes hard to decide what to do.”
These activities are brought to life thanks to the LivWell program offered in the community. This award-winning holistic wellness program extends beyond traditional healthy living activities and caters to each of the seven dimensions of wellness with a genuine understanding of your needs. With classes like Aqua Aerobics and our signature Stand Tall, Don’t Fall program, you’ll be sure to find something to enjoy, look forward to and participate in.
Along with engaging programming, our community offers a variety of both indoor and outdoor amenities you can use to remain active. For those looking for something indoors, our state-of-the-art fitness center has everything you’ll need for an effective workout, including a heated pool for your use year-round. You’re able to spend time outside exploring our stunning grounds, located on an accredited arboretum.
Contact us today to learn more and schedule your personal tour.